Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Surf Sweets Organic and Natural Gummy Candy


Don't worry, I thought it too - candy that's organic and natural? I'm sure it doesn't taste "right" or even very good for that matter. I couldn't have been more WRONG.

Click on the image to go straight to Surf Sweets webpage


Before I get into the product itself, I have to mention that my correspondences with this company (Surf Sweets is a part of TruSweets, LLC.) have been nothing but delightful. I exchanged messages several times with Lisa, the Sales and Marketing Coordinator and she has been nothing but helpful, informative and obviously very generous. Thank you, Lisa! 


You should know, these products are:
Made with Organic Fruit Juice and Sweeteners
Natural Colors and Flavors
100% RDA of Vitamin C
Free of Corn Syrup and GMOs
Made in a Nut-Free Facility
Gluten Free
Dairy Free and Casein Free
Made in the USA



Making such drastic changes in our lifestyle, I started to feel a bit guilty. Anyone who knows me, knows I love to bake, candy make and generally provide the dessert and sweet treats to any event we attend. I'll still make those "Gia famous" treats for others, but until I can revamp some recipes to contain all natural ingredients and sweeteners, my family will most likely just have to wait.

The Surf Sweets company started on a basis that I can relate to. They love to eat candy (I also love to eat candy) and wanted to make candies that taste great (I also like candy that tastes great). Other common standpoints Surf Sweets and I share, we want the candy we consume to be the better choice for ourselves and families, which is perhaps the most important reason of all.

We were sent a box containing 3 of their 8 products to review. Gummy Bears, Sour Berry Bears and Jelly Beans. As I was peeking through the clear window on the snack packs, I could see the product - and they looked gooood. Before diving in, I wanted to read through the materials that came with the box. Ok, fine. I couldn't dive in just yet, as I wanted to be a nice Mommy and wait until the girls were home to share a snack size pack with.

All of the packages are clearly marked with a Certified Organic By Quality Assurance International seal (it's on the back of the package). This is important to us, as we find out more and more, companies aren't required to include all ingredients on their product packaging.

Onto how we feel about Surf Sweets Organic and Natural Candy! Clicking on the names of the product will link you to more information about each one from the Surf Sweets webpage.

Sour Berry Bears - Oh, my my my. These are without a doubt, the most juicy gummy bears I have ever had. I was a bit leery at first, by the term "sour." While I do LOVE sour candy, most sour gummy brands I have tried were too sour for my taste, so much so that I couldn't actually enjoy it. Sour Berry Bears are completely different when it comes to their competition. They have the perfect amount of pucker, and they don't rub your tongue raw when you eat them.


Gummy Bears - These packed a flavorful punch! As soon as I opened the pouch, I could smell really fruity flavors. It had me eager to try some, and they didn't disappoint one bit! The gummy bears themselves are light tropical colors, with fresh fruit flavors.
Jelly Beans - These are also dairy free and vegetarian Jelly Beans, what a plus! With a package full of flavors; cherry, grapefruit, lemon, strawberry, orange and grape - these are my new favorite Jelly Beans. I have never been much of a fan of Jelly Beans, because when I think of them, I'm brought back to the giant, hard, and odd shaped ones that taste like corn syrup that I used to find in my Easter basket growing up (sorry, Mom!) Surf Sweets Jelly Beans have the perfect amount of "jelly," great fruit flavors and possibly my favorite part - no black beans!

We found that each .9oz. snack package was just the perfect serving for kids and great portion control for the adults.

The next time I snack on these, I'm going to close my eyes and picture myself on a tropical beach. The smell and flavors will take me there!




Would I buy these products? YES! I plan to buy some of the Jelly Beans for all the Easter baskets I get to fill (In season, obviously) but I will ALSO be buying some to pass out for my Trick-or-Treaters!
Would I recommend these products? YES. I think anyone who hasn't tried these yet is missing out.
Like Surf Sweets on Facebook and find out more information about these incredible candies!


Disclaimer: This product has been furnished by the manufacturer. The review is my honest opinion and I have not been monetarily reimbursed for it.

www.nontoxichammers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment